Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Ruins and the Road

I'm in love with traveling by land because of the way two opposite things clash in one; the modern road and the natural scenery it comes with. 

There's no better way than getting to spend time with your family through traveling, we believe that being far away and stuck with each other is much more effective in communicating as a family than being home--in fact, it is proven that we found our travels much more like home.

This summer 2016, we decided to go to Catbalogan, Samar by land i.e. via Bicol where we spent a day or two. The moment we made it to Naga, we decided to do a "church-hopping" since it was known to have established a healthy Catholic lifestyle because of how much Catholic churches are built in almost every corner. 





The first church we went to was not at all any typical Catholic church in the Philippines, it's more of a Cathedral because it's huge, but what made it more special is how the atmosphere seems so optimistic that even if you're having a bad day, feeling the breeze just makes you feel easy and light, plus, it was a wonderful sight to see the silver linings and how it aligned to the bell tower it was as if the place was greeting us, tourists. The exterior and the interior was well made.




We did our church-hopping routines we've always believed in whereas you pray three Hail Mary, three Our Father, and three Glory Be and have three wishes it always seem to come true. 

There are a lot more Churches we've been to and they don't disappoint, they never fail to make me gasp in amusement. I couldn't help but take pictures.


the confession box


Adoration Chapel


Next stop, we decided to have lunch. We went to a restaurant owned by my father's under class who was quite close to our family ever since. I don't usually like tasting food that's not really attractive, but ever since we started traveling, that's when I started to eat food whether they're bold or not, believing I'm missing the best part of traveling. It was my first time eating Bopis and Laing. I've seen my mom serve us those on dinner back in Manila but I didn't get the urge to taste them since I've underestimate it. But there was something about the place, every single food tastes so good and I thought it was my cue. They taste so wonderful that I've craved for them for two whole days. 

They gave us a tour on their bakery called Rafabel's. I remember growing up, every Christmas they'd send my dad a chocolate cake straight from Bicol and I've always loved how the sweetness balanced with the bitterness of a chocolate. I can't remember how or when but after a few holidays it eventually stopped that I forgot about it. But seeing the cakes on the bakery, being lined up with refrigerators filled with various flavors of cake, I remember the taste of it. Having to devour them once again was all nostalgia.

This time, we ordered Sans Rival to eat on the road.




Next off, the highlight is the Cagsawa Ruins. 



Me and my sister, Ysabelle.




Being the kind of girl who loves spicy food, we dared to try their shakes which has chili in it.


Cagsawa's Sili Shake

We visited some of my dad's colleague's office to have a little chat, drink hot chocolate and prepare for our next itinerary. We then sailed by a ferry we booked days ago to Catbalogan.


The Fast-Cat ferry

I feel a bit sad about leaving Bicol so soon, it was such a comfortable place. It wasn't really the kind to make feel homesick since it was a bit similar to Manila. But I am still excited for the next place we'll be going to.

On the other hand, we got to see the wonderful view of the ocean while cozily seating.



Overall, Bicol was such a heart-warming experience I vowed to come back after a few years. 

That's all for my travelogue! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment