Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Rice Bowl of the Philippines

The Rice Bowl of the Philippines
By: Jade Aubrey H. Abiog

Native but attractive—that’s how I describe this place I visit frequently. Though many industrializations have been made, its native-being hasn’t faded.

Located in the Third Region of our country, this province is often referred as “The Rice Bowl of the Philippines”, for it is the biggest rice producer of our country. 

(Nueva Ecija Arch entering from Bulacan)
This province is one of the best places to visit for the nature lovers. Once you’re at the location, you are free from pollution. You can feel the true essence of the fresh, natural air.

Once you’re inside the territory of the province, you’ll feel like walking in the middle of the rice field. Because rice fields can be found anywhere in this province, like what I’ve mentioned before, Nueva Ecija is the biggest Rice producer in our country.

Our family has always been in Nueva Ecija. Since I was still a little girl, we used to stay in this province every summer. We also spend Christmas and New Year here. But even when I’m already a grown up, the feeling, the excitement I feel whenever I stay there is still the same. It’s like I’m the only one that changes; not the place I used to stay. Even renovations are made every year, this place is still a best place for a nature lover like me, to spend time.

Of course, not just rice fields can be seen anywhere in this province. Nueva Ecija has also great tourist spots. These tourist spots is good for those people who love adventures and the views of nature. 
Gabaldon Waterfalls-- Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija 

Minalungao National Park-- General Tinio, Nueva Ecija

Gabaldon Waterfalls
If Laguna have their very own "Pagsanjan Falls", in Nueva Ecija, we have our "Gabaldon Falls". Found in Gabaldon, this tourist spot also comes with an Ecological Park. Indeed, a good place to explore. People who are going to visit there will surely enjoy their trip. The views of their ecological park and their waterfalls are so amazing that it will surely leave a picture of it in their minds wherever they go. 
Gabaldon Eco Park Entrance 
Like the other Ecological parks we usually visit, Gabaldon Eco Park has prepared different activities for you to try. 

Gabaldon Waterfalls

Going to the Waterfalls from the Ecological Park takes about half an hour. It's tiring but when you finally arrived to the place, the tiredness you feel will vanish. The splendid scenery will make you say "wooaaahhh". I promise, this one is one of the best spots in Nueva Ecija you should try to visit. This place may not be that well-known, but once you get there, you might not want to go home. 


Minalungao National Park
Found in General Tinio, this tourist spot is well-known for some of its legend (I'm not going to mention it haha), and its superb scenery. This park is the best spot for me to visit because of the great experience I had when we were there. Its distance from our place (Peñaranda, Nueva Ecija) may be that far, but visiting the place was totally worth it. 

 A view while riding the zipline
We celebrated my cousin's birthday there, and that day was a memorable one. Not just because of the birthday, but also the place and experience we had during that day. 

Yayyy Happy Birthday Ate Karla!
When you got there in Minalungao, you should find their 1000-step stairs. That's a challenge for you to find out what's there. So you should try to. When you got there, you will see such superb view of the Nature. 
1000-step stairs
One of the things you'll see once you reached the peak of the 1000-step stairs
When I got to Minalungao, I saw their Zipline and I'm like, "Woah. If I were be able to ride, this will be my first time". And yep, my wish was finally granted after the 13 years of my existence that time. I feel like I'm a bird flying! That was a great experience plus, the view when I looked down was great. It was not that terrifying (maybe because the view flutters me?) riding a zipline. 
We're next to ride!!
I feel nervous but when I saw a camera.....
Tada! I'm flying~!
How to get there at Nueva Ecija?
When you are going to commute, you can ride a bus going to "Cabanatuan", "Gapan", or "Papaya". Once you finally arrived at the said destinations, you can ask the local people on how to go to your desired place at Nueva Ecija. People there will surely guide you. They are honest and hospitable. I swear. So don't worry too much about getting lost. 

Where to stay once we get there? 
If you have some relatives living there, then you should not worry. I you don't, then hotels are your only choice. 

Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Cabanatuan
Source: Google.com
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Cabanatuan 
Sta. Arcadia, Mabini Street Extension, Cabanatuan City, 3100 Nueva Ecija
microtel-cabanatuan.com
(044) 958 7777



Besm Traveller's Inn

Besm Traveller's Inn 
Pan-Philippine Hwy, San Leonardo, Nueva Ecija
(044) 330 4396



Hotel Francesko



Hotel Francesko
AH26, San Jose City, 3121 Nueva Ecija
(044) 958 0988


These hotels are said to be one of the best according to the travellers that visited Nueva Ecija. 


Every country do really have amazing sights. But when it comes to the sights of Nature, our country has the best. Many regions in our country has amazing sights of Nature but the best for me is Nueva Ecija. You might say that Nueva Ecija may be too ordinary but when you get there, The people you get to know there and the tourist spots you visited will remain in your heart. Spending vacation in this province is one of the best time I had.



No comments:

Post a Comment