Wednesday, November 30, 2016

S t u n n e d


           
            As I was waiting at the Terminal 1 of Ninoy Aquino International Airport, I did not notice that I was already waiting for 4 hours in the airport. I arrived at one in the mid night and departed at 5 in the morning. Relieved, I expected that things were going to go my way. I was enthusiastic about going to Canada that I already feel the cold breeze that will pass though wind breakers or coats that I would be wearing when I arrive there even though the airport or the airplane is air conditioned.
           
 Feeling the luck that I think was brought up to me, I enjoyed my seat at the aeroplane. I always wanted to get a reservation for a seat right next to a window so that I can see the beautiful scenery that will appear just like its right next to me, and so I followed my wish and did so. The first flight was like a wind passing through the sky quickly. But in my opinion, the second was better although this second flight made me nauseous. Still, with the luck with me, I was right next to the window of the plane although this time I have the whole 3 seats of space just for me. I was nervous like a an engine of a motorbike, not knowing that even though I was already occupying the three seats, anyone is allowed to do so given the factors I had. I find that airline’s service favourable for an unknown or a confusing reason. This is because of one interesting thing, the stewardess took the effort or time of waking me up, but this is the time before the aircraft landed. As we were flying in the sky, I find myself that I couldn’t sleep. I tried walking around then taking bathroom breaks hoping to comfortable go back to slumber.  Despite of these acts I am still holded back from my sleep like something should must be done other than the things I already did. All windows were closed at that time, so feeling doubtful whether to open the window sliding cover, gently and little by little opening it realizing the reason why it was so cold and why I cannot sleep. Little did I know my window was frozen with little snowflakes and the aircraft entered frigid zone at the north.
As I further push the sliding window cover with curiosity in my mind, I saw a stunning landscape. With a tundra in sight and a divided sky of darkness and brightness, Thalia and Melpomene, night and day was to be seen. As if the skies was just an arm’s reach, I wanted to get more up close to it. I am sure that that site will be marked in my memory for a long time. I enjoyed the travel and was a memorable one since it was only my second time of traveling via aeroplane.
As I took my time enjoying the new weather and the such, the first big place I explored was the Algonquin Park which is like a hundred or fifty times larger than the parks in the Philippines. This one thing that makes the park more different than in the mother country is the location which is within a forest and that brings up the issue of wolves and bears capable to roam around and thus the forest rangers serve their purpose. I also enjoyed using the tomahawk or the mini-axe to chop up wood for the bonfire we put up every day since the temperature sometimes go below zero. And last at
traction of Canada I went was the CN Tower which has a glass floor that challenges the hearts or minds of many. There was also kind of offer which I call death

wish because the individual would be hanged to the side of the tower. I wished that I have gone to the Canada’s wonderland and the Ocean park version of them but I lacked time and now hoping to do the other things I didn’t do hopefully next time.


-           “Migz” Macahilas

No comments:

Post a Comment